Author Instructions for Oral Presentation
Thank you for your participation as authors of the 2021 VLSI-DAT Symposium.
Below please read the guidelines to prepare your video presentation.
• For Domestic Authors:
(1) Presenters can present onsite or provide a pre-recorded video to be played onsite.
(2) Live Q & A is conducted at the meeting.
• For Overseas Authors:
(1) Presenters can provide a pre-recorded video to be played onsite.
(2) After viewing video, attendees can reach out to presenter via email.
- Step1: Please click here to download the presentation template and prepare your slides.
- Step2: Have your power point ready and use the tool as follows. While displaying your slides as you talk, you can show your face through the webcam method (highly recommended and encouraged). Here are the software we suggest for you to record your presentation:
SP: Session number+ Paper number (D1-3, D2-1…); presenter- speaker name
- Step 3: Save your file with the naming convention: SP_presenter
For example, D1-3_Smith Wang (the session and paper numbers can be found from the Program
menu of conference website).
- Step 4: All presenters need to upload the following files for 2021 VLSI-DAT symposium, please click here and complete your upload no later than April 11, 2021 23:59 (GMT+8)
1.Presentation File (.ppt(x) or .pdf) : To present onsite.
2. Video Presentation File (.mp4 or .wmv format, size <=300MB) : To be played onsite.
3. Slides for Virtual Conference (full or simplified, .pdf format) : For attendees to download after conference.
- Video presentation must be in MP4 or WMV format.
- Power point aspect ratio- 4:3
- Video Resolution: 1080p recommended, 720p minimum
- Use a good headset with microphone close to mouth BUT away from direct line of mouth to reduce “pops”. Avoid using your computer’s laptop’s or desktop’s built-in microphone on computer.
- Duration of video presentation:
For Domestic Authors : Oral Paper presentation 18 minutes + 2 minutes live Q & A
For Overseas Authors : Oral Paper presentation 18~20 minutes.
- Physical meeting (4/19-22): Q&A is conducted at the meeting (except overseas presenters).
- On-demand Virtual (4/26-5/25): After viewing video, attendees can reach out to presenter via email.