About VLSI-TSA and VLSI-DAT Symposia
The International Symposium on VLSI Technology, Systems and Applications (VLSI-TSA symposium), first held in 1983, held once every two years, gathers experts from all over the world and has always been fruitful and productive. Every year, scientists and engineers discuss and present the state-of-the-art technology R&D and macro development of the industry’s future. It is considered the most important event in Taiwan’s semiconductor industry and highly anticipated by local companies. Taking advantage of the information learned during the conference, the symposium hopes to create new opportunities for Taiwan’s semiconductor industry. The VLSI-TSA symposium is becoming more significant since Taiwan not only occupies a prominent position in the global semiconductor industry, but also is increasingly competitive globally in IC design technology and communications information products.
The International Symposium on VLSI Design, Automation & Test (VLSI-DAT symposium ) was spun-off in 2005 from the International Symposium on VLSI-TSA. The VLSI-DAT symposium is proud to create a platform for technical exchanges and communications shared by experts from all over the world. The purpose is to bring together scientists and engineers actively engaged in research, development, and manufacturing on VLSI Design, Automation and Test to discuss current progress in this field.
Retrospect - from 1983 to 2003
• International Symposium on VLSI Technology, Systems and Applications (VLSI-TSA).
• Initiated by Industrial Technology Research Institute in 1983, technical sponsored by IEEE.
• Focus mainly on VLSI Technologies, Circuits and Applications.
• Being held biannually.
• 100-200 papers were submitted every two years, totally over 1500 papers were submitted between
• More than 6000 attendees were attracted between 1983-2003.
Evolution - starting 2006
• Starting 2006, the conference was divided into two consecutive conferences：
ÜInternational Symposium on VLSI Technology, Systems, and Applications (VLSI-TSA)
> Focusing on process and advanced technology.
> With oral presentations and short courses.
ÜInternational Symposium on VLSI Design, Automation, and Testing (VLSI-DAT)
> Focusing on design, design automation, and testing.
> With oral presentations, poster presentations, and tutorials.
• The two conferences are held annually in the last week of April with one-day overlap.
• Between 2005-2007, 240 papers were submitted to VLSI-TSA, average acceptance rate 55%；525 papers
were submitted to VLSI-DAT, average acceptance rate 39%.
• More than 3500 attendees in the past 4 years ( 2006~2009 ) for the 2 conferences.
Recent VLSI-TSA & DAT symposia - from 2013 to 2015
• The two conferences are held annually in the last week of April with three-days overlap
• Between 2013-2015, about 400 papers were submitted to VLSI-DAT, average acceptance rate 47%
• More than 2000 attendees attended the VLSI-TSA & DAT symposia (2013~2015)