About VLSI-TSA and DAT Symposia
The International Symposium on VLSI Technology, Systems and Applications (VLSI-TSA symposium), first held in 1983, held once every two years, gathers experts from all over the world and has always been fruitful and productive. Every year, scientists and engineers discuss and present the state-of-the-art technology R&D and macro development of the industry’s future. It is considered the most important event in Taiwan’s semiconductor industry and highly anticipated by local companies. Taking advantage of the information learned during the conference, the symposium hopes to create new opportunities for Taiwan’s semiconductor industry. The VLSI-TSA symposium is becoming more significant since Taiwan not only occupies a prominent position in the global semiconductor industry, but also is increasingly competitive globally in IC design technology and communications information products.
The VLSI-TSA symposium is proud to create a platform for enriching technical exchange and networking between experts from all over the world. The purpose is to bring together scientists and engineers actively engaged in research, development, and manufacturing on VLSI Technology, Systems and Applications to discuss the latest progress in this field.
Retrospect - from 1983 to 2003
• International Symposium on VLSI Technology, Systems and Applications (VLSI-TSA).
• Initiated by Industrial Technology Research Institute in 1983, technical sponsored by IEEE.
• Focus mainly on VLSI Technologies, Circuits and Applications.
• Being held biannually.
• More than 6000 attendees were attracted between 1983-2003.
Evolution - starting 2005
• Starting 2005, the conference was divided into two consecutive conferences：
ÜInternational Symposium on VLSI Technology, Systems, and Applications (VLSI-TSA)
> Focusing on process and advanced technology.
> With oral presentations and short courses.
ÜInternational Symposium on VLSI Design, Automation, and Testing (VLSI-DAT)
> Focusing on design, design automation, and testing.
> With oral presentations, poster presentations, and tutorials.
• The two conferences are held annually in the last week of April with one-day overlap.
• More than 3500 attendees in the past 4 years ( 2006~2009 ) for the 2 conferences.
Recent VLSI-TSA & DAT symposia - from 2013 to 2018
• The two conferences are held annually in the last week of April with three-days overlap from 2013 to 2016 and four-days overlap till 2017.
• More than 4,500 attendees attended the VLSI-TSA & DAT symposia.
• In 2018, the number of attendees is around 900.